We are SO excited to welcome Anjelah Johnson-Reyes onto the show today!! She is an actress + comedian, and was a cast member on the series MADtv during its 13th season! Anjelah’s MADtv characters included a Vietnamese nail salon employee named Mi Ling/Tammy and a fast food employee, the famous Bon Qui Qui! On today’s episode we talk all about her life’s journey — how her career began (hint: FREE church joke-writing class!?), overcoming obstacles, navigating relationships, growing spiritually and personally, building a career in LA + more!!
- Anjelah’s beautiful marriage and partnership with husband, Manwell.
- How Anjelah unexpectedly began her comedic career in a FREE church joke-writing class.
- Learning to be famous after her very first video went VIRAL.
- Her belief that this career path in comedy is a gift and that joy is medicine for all who are hurting.
- Anjelah’s upbringing and how she navigated the residual hardship and trauma in her teen years.
- How attending a church camp and delving into her Christian faith changed her life forever.
- Anjelah’s journey from San Jose, CA to Oakland, CA to become an NFL cheerleader for the Oakland Raiders.
- How Anjelah became an extra on Friends for seasons 9 + 10, and all that she took with her from those 2 years of growth and on-the-job education
- Finding the energy and inspiration to both create your art and get closer to God spiritually, even amidst ‘downtime’ and hardship.
- Changing your perspective + mindset to embody the principle, “It’s not about me.”
- Uplifting other women because there is room for all of us!
Want to chat? Give us a ring! Call 1.424.270.1853
Want to have an Almost 30 meetup in your city? Email us at email@example.com!
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
The Almost 30 Podcast is produced by Podcast Masters