Max Lugavere is a TV personality, health and science journalist, filmmaker, musician, and author of the recently published book, Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life (2018). Max’s expertise is wide-ranging, but he is particularly passionate about preventing neurodegenerative diseases by honing in on the effects of diet and lifestyle on brain health. In today’s episode we get REAL science-y, but also dive deep into the personal motivations behind Max’s professional journey. We can’t wait for you to check it out!
We talk about...
- Max’s workout routine + splitting his time between NYC and West Hollywood!
- The research + science behind why exercise is SO good for you.
- Max’s thoughts on veganism + plant-based eating.
- How Max transitioned from a TV career to one specializing in studying the intersection of nutrition + disease prevention.
- How Max has navigated his mother’s challenging neurodegenerative disease diagnosis.
- Disease prevention as a MILLENNIAL issue!
- How people today are being POISONED by our food supply.
- The fallacies in the USDA MyPlate grain suggestion (successor to the Food Pyramid).
- How eating a brain-healthy diet impacted Max’s personal cognitive function.
- Research on the correlation between diet + depression and anxiety (“Food & Mood” connection).
- Why “everything in moderation” may be bad advice!
- How under-sleeping exacerbates emotional turmoil and pain.
- All the details on Max’s newly released book, Genius Foods, + a list of some of his favorite superfoods for brain health (hint: CHOCOLATE!).
Want to chat? Give us a ring! Call 1.424.270.1853
Want to have an Almost 30 meetup in your city? Email us at email@example.com!
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
The Almost 30 Podcast is produced by Podcast Masters