On today’s episode, Krista and Lindsey are SO excited to introduce Manisha Thakor- the founder and CEO of MoneyZen Wealth Management and a "Wall Street Journal" expert panelist. She has an MBA from Harvard and possesses a wealth of experience in all things finance. She is regularly in the "New York Times" + "More Magazine" and on CNN + "The Today Show.” The conversation is empowering and eye-opening. The girls also open up about where they are personally struggling in their relationship with money. After all, they can’t be alone!
- How this generation is the first to be dealing with unprecedented levels of student debt, and that this financial stress takes up MAJOR mental space and serves as a real distraction.
- Women and their changing relationship with finances- becoming primary breadwinners and stepping into our POWER.
- Women wanting to use their money to make a stand. For women, it’s not about how much we make, but about how we can make an impact with our finances while still being smart and receiving financial return.
- Tips for getting people on the front end of the funnel before even getting into student loan debt! Moreover, ways to climb out of debt once you’re already in the thick of it.
- Pursuing certain career paths where you can get loan forgiveness after you have gone through a certain number of years of teaching school in certain kinds of neighborhoods or doing more community oriented work.
- Manisha’s definition of what it means to possess financial strength.
- Approachable and salient definitions + metaphors for understanding financial terms that may intimidate those of us not in the know. Alternatively, “Male Speak” in finance.
- Shutting down your femininity or silencing yourself in “business” or “finance” settings to blend in and be more accepted- and the ways in which “me too” is changing this coping mechanism/default behavior!
- Manisha’s recommendation to read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
- How the third person in a committed romantic partnership is MONEY. So getting right with that part of your life will help your relationships become infinitely more cohesive!
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
The Almost 30 Podcast is edited by Podcast Masters