You’ve probably already heard of Dave Asprey, or at least Bulletproof Coffee and the Bulletproof Diet. It’s pretty much grown from a trend to a phenomenon over the past couple years. Lindsey + Krista, honestly, didn’t quite know what Dave would be like in an interview – but Dave really showed up for this conversation and, as you’ll hear, he is truly passionate about the brand, the mission, and the movement behind Bulletproof.
We were also able to ask a lot of your questions in this episode! We love being able to bring all of you into the conversation, before and after the episode. So if you want to talk Bulletproof with #ALMOST30NATION (or provide your own insight and commentary for future episodes), click here to join the secret Facebook group!
This episode includes…
- How Dave made a small fortune by the time he was 26... and then lost it when he was 28
- Being the first person to sell a product over the internet
- The connection between gut health + brain health
- Importing smart drugs from Europe
- Dave’s journey building the Bulletproof brand + business
- You are simultaneously a rational human being + an irrational animal
- Raising $50M+ in funding for Bulletproof
- How holotropic breathing (a successor to Stanislav Grof’s LSD-based psychedelic therapy) transformed Dave’s life
- The biology of belief
- Why younger people are wiser today than they were 40 years ago
- What you eat affects how you feel – more than anything else!
- If you stop doing the things that make you weak, that’s more powerful than doing the things that make you strong
- Ketones + ketosis
- The relationship between Bulletproof, ketones, ketosis, and hormones
- Intermittent fasting for women
- Why almost every spiritual traditional has an element of fasting
- The staples of the Bulletproof diet that everyone should be leveraging
- How inflammatory foods affect you days later
- What’s up with coffee?
- Dave’s favorite biohack right now
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
The Almost 30 Podcast is edited by Podcast Masters