On today’s podcast episode, Rachel Rosen joins us. We were blown away by a talk Rachel gave at Spark Portland, which was incredibly informational and inspired action . Rachel is the founder of SPARK, an interactive and inclusive card game, and she is on a mission to bring more empathy to the world. In her over six years as a coach and facilitator, Rachel has supported communities to come together across racial, gender, sexual identity differences, and cultural differences, facilitating conversations about implicit bias, systemic oppression, and racial equity. We talk about where her desire for her mission came from, her experience with working in and with school systems and why the system isn’t broken, and how SPARK is serving as a fun way to facilitate all types of conversations.
We also talk about…
- A teaching moment she recently had
- Her first day teaching + the pivotal moment in her career
- Creating her card game
- What unconscious biases are + how to consider them
- What the card game, Spark, is all about and how to play
- Facilitating conversations with people of all ages
- Rachel sharing love for her partner
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- College Tour: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline : 1 (424) 272-1853
- March 26th: Rachel Rosen Event
- Kopari | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% your first order at koparibeauty.com
- Spindrift | Head to spindriftfresh.com and use code ALMOST30 for 15% off. “The launch of Spindrift Lime is a direct response to requests from the Spindrift community. Our fans are always submitting new flavor ideas and lime has long been one of the most popular requests.” says Bill Creelman, founder and CEO of Spindrift, “Lime is actually the most popular flavor in the flavored sparkling water category, but Spindrift is the first brand with scale to make it with real squeezed lime juice.” In the excitement to tell the world about the new flavor release, the team noticed that there was a whole basket of fruit emojis – but no lime. Enlisting the help of their community, Spindrift looks to rally those on social media seeking to complete their citrus expression with the tiny lime emoji. To support Spindrift’s commitment to giving back, during the WHY #NOLIMEEMOJI? campaign, Spindrift will donate $1 for every Instagram or Twitter post using #NoLimeEmoji to Whole Kids Foundation (up to $50,000 dollars) through March 31, 2019.
- Woo More Play | Use code ALMOST30 for 10% off at www.woomoreplay.com
- Silver Fern | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first order at silverfernbrand.com
- Honeybook | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off the first year of Honeybook at honeybook.com
The Almost 30 Podcast is edited by Podcast Masters